Air domes are most popular in northern climates, where they protect against the chill of winter.These seasonal domes offer many advantages over permanent tennis facilities, including:
- Lower initial costs. Air domes don’t require any expensive construction efforts that a brick-and-mortar solution would.
- Lower ongoing costs. Air domes are only heated and lit during the seasonal periods they are used. They require little to no ongoing maintenance, unlike permanent buildings.
- Flexibility. Air domes can go over existing courts, so players can enjoy the summer sun with the dome deflated and stored, and play through the harshest winter under the dome.
- Speed. The complete installation of a fabric air dome is a simple process that happens in a matter of days, requiring only a simple system of cables and pumped air.
Tennis domes using Architectural Fabrics are incredibly strong and durable, often lasting 20 years or more. A fabric air dome can be customized in a number of ways:
- While most customers choose white, an array of custom colors are available.
- The fabric can be opaque or allow light through to lower utility bills. Many customers choose a translucent roof, for example.
- A wide range of sizes are available and easily altered to suit most any need.
- Several top coats are available, with a warranty ranging from 15 to 20 years. Different top coats allow for better snow clearance, more durability and more longevity.
- Several types of insulation are available to enhance energy efficiency.
The low cost, simplicity and effectiveness of tennis domes have made them a favorite of hundreds of customers. To learn how a fabric dome can keep a facility humming 365 days a year, contact us.